Professor Edward Janus FRACP
Professor Janus is a general physician and Head of General Medicine at Western Health and highly experienced in treating patients with multiple complex medical problems.
Professor Janus was awarded his PhD for research done at the Royal Postgraduate Medical School, Hammersmith Hospital and St Thomas's Hospital, London into inherited lipid disorders associated with premature coronary disease.
He is the current President of the Heart Research Centre Board and past chairman of the World Heart Federation Council on Arteriosclerosis and the Asian Pacific Society of Atherosclerosis and Vascular Diseases.
Professor Janus has a strong clinical focus on managing patients with multiple medical problems in a holistic manner. His primary interests include, but are not limited to:
- patients with multi-morbidity
- pre-operative risk asessment and optimisation
- vascular diseases including primary and secondary prevention
- dyslipidaemias especially severe and familial cases
- inherited conditions including porphyrias.